Now that you have decided to book your True Beauty Boudoir session take a moment to look through this timeline. It will help you get organized for your session. There are some additional tips in here as well.
It is never to early to begin planning for this special day. The planning, shopping and primping for the session is all part of the experience and it should be a fun time. Begin thinking about what kind of outfits you want to wear and get them. Dont forget those ultra sexy heels! If your not sure about what looks good, get in touch with us and we will give you some ideas to help move you in the right direction. Dont be afraid to get several outfits if your not sure. Leave the tags on them and we will help you decide at your session. That way you can return the ones you dont use.
2-4 weeks before:
- Find clothing, Lingerie, Garters and stockings, sexy heels, accessories and props to use in your shoot. Oh, did I mention LOTS of lingerie! It is so much better to have more than you think you need than not enough.
- Lingerie is always gorgeous, but sometimes a tight t-shirt, soft sweater or over-sized button-down shirt can be just as sexy.
- Using something meaningful to your significant other is a great way to personalize your shoot. Some ideas are, military dog tags, his favorite sports jersey, a musical instrument or a favorite shirt.
- Put together a playlist of your favorite music and bring it with you on your IPOD. We are happy to play it during the session. If not, we have a little playlist of our our own that most young women like that keeps us dancing!
5-7 days before. It is time begin the pampering!:
- If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any redness that can occur.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed. Do what you normally would do as that will look best. This is not the time to experiment with a new look.
- If you’re planning on getting a haircut or color, give yourself a week to make sure you are happy with it.
- We highly recommend a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish. This is more important than most women think as their hands and feet will be very visible in many of the pictures.
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photo’s, red skin is NEVER good.
- PLEASE – NO SPRAY TAN. This can be just as bad as a sunburn and sometimes worse.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake if you’re worried about retaining water.
The Day Before. Its just about time!
- Shave and moisturize. We want legs and under arms looking their best as well.
- Double-check everything you will be bringing the night before and make sure that you leave plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing – heels, jewelry, accessories and props. Bring more than you think you will use. You never know when we may mix and match things to create something unique
- Have a nice and relaxing evening with no stress.
- Get a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
Today’s the Big Day!
- Use clear deodorant or none at all. Better to not use any than to have the ugly white looking underarms.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing). We even recommend skipping your bra for the drive over as the straps can leave lines as well.
- Bring a robe to change into once you are here. We can provide one for you as well.
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Come with a clean moisturized face without makeup.
- Have your hair done and ready to go.
- Bring a friend with you if you would like. There may not be room for them in the shooting area but we have plenty of space that they can relax in.
- Have your final True Beauty Boudoir payment ready if you have a balance(check, credit card, or cash).
- Finally, RELAX – it is completely normal to be nervous, but don’t worry because you are in very good hands with us.
2-3 weeks after the session.
- We will either have your images loaded online in our private viewing area or be setting up a time to have you back in the studio for a private viewing of your images depending on your preference.
True Beauty Boudoir, Houston Boudoir Photography